Automattic is looking for a full-stack Data Engineer with a head for business to join their WooCommerce team
Communication with and empathy for our colleagues is a key part of this job – curiosity about the puzzles they face is a requirement. Data can be unruly: you’ll need to be prepared to face uncertainty and provide your best guess sometimes – your work will be as much about architecting and improving data pipelines as it will be about creating excellent reporting and solving business problems.
The Woo Data & BizOps team needs a new Data Engineer. We help inform our business and product strategy by providing insights through data analysis.
As The Data Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work with business leads, analysts, data scientists, and fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision making.
- Architect and improve data pipelines using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Impala, and Airflow.
- Deeply understand business drivers to craft automated, easy to use reports and data visualizations in our BI tool (we use Looker).
- Perform exploratory business analysis and deliver clear and actionable written reports.
- Be constantly raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested improvements.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.